This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
L A Support Ltd is pleased to provide the following Privacy Notice for members of the public who may have been issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice on behalf of the Local Authority.
L A Support Ltd uses the information collected from you together with approved methods of address verification in order to issue a Fixed Penalty Notice for an Environmental Crime offence.
The information collected may include the following:
Name; Address; Date of Birth; Description; Location of offence; type of offence and other relevant evidential information.
We may also collect body worn camera footage of the interaction between the officer and the member of the public.
L A Support Ltd will only collect and process the information needed so that it can provide the Local Authority with the services agreed.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Kingdom process this personal data to meet L A Support Ltd contractual obligations to clients (i.e. Local Authorities) and the legal obligation in the issuance of Fixed Penalty Notices as “authorised officers”.
L A Support Ltd will only pass your Personal Information to relevant authorised officers within the Local Authority as per the relevant legislation and within the terms of the Local Authority contract.
Kingdom Services Group will process personal data during the duration of the contract with the Local Authority and will continue to store only the personal data needed.
- Environmental Enforcement Fixed Penalty Back Office System – 7 years or to the end of the contract at which point the data is returned to the Data Controller/Local Authority (unless the FPN is cancelled or withdrawn in which case the personal information will be deleted after 6 months).
- Body Worn Camera Footage – If of potential evidential value, this will be retained for as long as the FPN is going through the legal process. If the FPN is cancelled, withdrawn or paid, the footage will be deleted after 30 days.
Data is held in the United Kingdom using different (multiple) servers. L A Support Ltd does not store personal data outside the EEA.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point whilst L A Support Ltd is in possession of or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. This may be withheld if the FPN is still part of an ongoing investigation.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
In the event that L A Support Ltd refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge.
L A Support Ltd at your request can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed
You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (L A Support Ltd) that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of L A Support Ltd or a third party such as one of its clients, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (Data Protection Regulator).
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
L A Support Ltd will accept the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your national ID card, driving license, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document is required. If L A Support Ltd is dissatisfied with the quality, further information may be sought before personal data can be released.
All requests should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address further below.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by L A Support Ltd or its partners, you have the right to complain to L A Support Ltd’ CEO/Data Protection Officer. If you do not get a response within 30 days you can complain to the Data Protection Regulator.
The details for each of these contacts are:
L A Support Ltd
1 Woodlands Business Park
Telephone 0845 051 7700 or email email@example.com
Data Protection Regulator
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone 0303 123 1113
Or visit website ico.org.uk